Friday, March 13, 2015

God's Timing is ALWAYS Perfect!

The lesson of the past few days... OUR plans & schedules are really not that accurate! :-)


 Surgery that was supposed to be Thursday, then hopefully Friday, is now on Monday at a different hospital.  Reality check, waiting til Friday was a bummer.  Waiting til Monday was more of a disappointment. :-(   I am ready to get it over with & start healing & get back to ”normal”.  (All the big brothers & little sisters in my life can keep their comments to themselves!)

Hmm..  There are a few lessons to be learned here...

First, scripture says to be anxious for nothing.  Does it really mean NOTHING?  We aren't even supposed to be anxious for good stuff to come?  Excited for it, anticipating it, but not anxious for it.  That means that the moment we are in right now has purpose/value.  Even if it seems ugly or unwanted, there is a good take-away.  Don't be so ready for the next blessing that you miss the one you are receiving Right Now!  If it's disguised as hardship, put on the mind of Christ and see it from a Godly perspective, not an earthly one.

Second, recognize a change of plans as God's sovereign hand on you.  We have no idea what He's protected us from, most of the time.  An accident, a person, danger, a situation.
 That very slow driver on the way to work, the storm that kept you home, the dirty diaper just as you're walking out the door, etc...  So, I was not supposed to be at that hospital.  I may never know why, but ”Thank You God for watching out for me.”

In both these things, there is another side as well..  maybe, just maybe, it's not about you!  I know, real shocker! :-)   Maybe the lesson to be learned is because someone else is gonna need help & you are going to be called on to help them.   Or maybe there is someone who needs you to be at a specific place, at a specific time.  They don't know it, you don't know it, but God knows it.  Maybe You are the way God's protecting another.

 One more leason I see, for now.. Define healing!  Does healing mean that my hand is all better so I can go back to doing what I've always done, the same way I've always done it?  Or is the healing really multifacited.. physical, spiritual, mental?  Has the healing already begun because God is showing me things, changing me & making me new, thus assuring I won't go back to the same old stuff?  I pray it is so!  And I am being strengthened in other areas, while this area recoops.. My left arm & hand are stronger, I am learning my lefty inabilities are simply because I didn't bother to overcome them before.  I am learning when to push myself & when to ask for help, etc..

Thank you all for taking this journey with me!  May we grow more & more into the likeness/fullness of God, together.  And may we be ever more mindful of the Holy Spirit guiding & teaching us.

 Philippians 4:6-7 (MSG)  Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

 Ephesians 2:7-10 Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It’s God’s gift from start to finish! We don’t play the major role. If we did, we’d probably go around bragging that we’d done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment